- Designed to be simple to integrate with industrial control equipment, as well as to install and maintain.
- Industrial UPSs can withstand temperatures as high as 50°C (122°F), assuring power dependability and reducing downtime.
- New studies can assist IT and OT leaders in dealing with connected operations.
Schneider ElectricTM, a global pioneer in energy management and automation, has released the new 24V DC Easy UPS. The new Easy-UPS is designed for commercial and industrial situations where power disruption risks productivity. It reduces downtime and protects equipment, resulting in reduced machine maintenance and better control over industrial infrastructure. Schneider Electric's new 24V DC Power industrial uninterruptible power supply (UPS), designed with OEMs and system integrators in mind, will be available internationally in early 2022.
"When considering power protection and battery backup in commercial and industrial applications, operators need to focus on power reliability and consider the high cost of downtime," said Vincenzo Salmeri, VP, Commercial and Industrial, Secure Power Division at Schneider Electric. "When power isn't controlled, it can lead to a host of issues including data loss and the need to restart automation machines from scratch after outages. Schneider Electric's Easy-UPS helps operators in commercial and industrial environments gain control with remote monitoring and management to fully protect their investment."
Key benefits of the Easy-UPS include:
• Limit downtime and protect equipment: Battery backup for controllers and HMIs to assure uptime and prevent equipment damage due to low power quality
• Reduce machine maintenance: With equipment shutdown utilising 0-5V signals from the relay contacts, you may save programs and data and remove the need to restart automation units following power interruptions.
• Runtime scalability: For extra runtime during power outages, add up to four additional battery packs.
• Controlling industrial infrastructure more effectively Relay contacts are used to manage and diagnose UPSs, while LED indicators are used to verify UPS status.
• In 2022, the Easy-UPS industrial UPS will be accessible worldwide.
Starting in early 2022, the new Easy-UPS will be available for purchase directly from Schneider Electric or through the electrical and industrial channels across the world. Visit this website to learn more about Schneider Electric's new UPS.
New Research Highlights Strategies for Successful Connected Operations
In addition, Schneider Electric shared findings from a newly released IDC White Paper entitled, Succeeding at Digital First Connected Operations, which discusses the role of edge computing in enabling the shift to a digital-first world. The white paper details responses from over 1,000 IT and operations professionals across industrial, healthcare, education, and other verticals as well as a series of in-depth interviews with industrial enterprises. Responses provide insights about the challenges firms faced while deploying to the edge to enable connected operations and strategic recommendations to future-proof edge capabilities.
The IDC White Paper, commissioned by Schneider Electric, Succeeding at Connected Operations with Edge Computing can be downloaded for free.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider's purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On. Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency. We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure, and industries. We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive, and Empowered values.
Discover Life Is On
, HMI 2022
, Industrial Automation
, Easy UPS