Thinner for alkyd EMEX.
EMEX Alkyd Diluent is a standard product made up of a balanced blend of several organic solvents to regulate the viscosity of enamels, varnishes, paints and alkyd primers used for wood, metal, and masonry supports.
The product is mainly used to reduce the viscosity of enamels, varnishes, paints and primers based on alkyd resins, but also to clean the equipment used for application.
- Rapid reaction;
- Consumption balanced;
- Good yield;
- Long storage time;
- Effective for dilution;
- Does not affect paint color;
- Efficient for cleaning;
- Perfect compatibility with fatty alkyd resins;
- Partial compatibility with weak alkyd resins.
Fields of Use:
The EMEX Alkyd Diluent is recommended as a general purpose thinner for all types of lacquers, paints or primers based on fatty alkyd resins to adjust their viscosity for application.
Thus, it can be used to adjust the viscosity of metallic alkyd primers such as:
- EMEX Anti-corrosion Alkyd Primer, NEOMATT Economic Primer, or for Wood as: EMEX Binel Primer, paints such as:
- Email Alchidic Premium EMEX GOLD, Email EMC Extracolor or EMCOLOR Satin Paints, as well as for lakes such as:
- Lake Alchidic EMEX or EMEX Pigmented Lake
The EMEX Alkyd Diluent is also used for cleaning work tools (brushes, trays, pistols, etc.) and spillages from accidental spraying with fatty alkyd resins.
It is generally used in a proportion of 5 - 15%, depending on how the paint is applied, and the type of product. It should be taken into consideration that a dilution of the product higher than that indicated in the Technical Data Sheet may adversely affect the performance of the film.
Do not use on other types of paints without the manufacturer's recommendation or prior compatibility tests.
Technical Data Sheet: http://www.emex.ro/Doc/Diluant-Vopsele-Alchidice.pdf